Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yellow Roses

Tonight I don't know what to write. Maybe I will write and see what wants to get written.
Gary, my partner, left for Tucson for two weeks today to do a rock show. His brother Tom sent me an e-mail today about yellow roses and salmon. It was about a woman named Mary whose husband had died eight days earlier. Shopping in the grocery store, Mary is missing her husband and thinking about how he often used to buy her three yellow roses on their trips to the store. Mary notices a nearby woman pick up a package of salmon and then put it back several times. The woman looks over at Mary and says, "My husband loves salmon but it is so expensive." Mary says " My husband died eight days ago. Time is so precious. " The woman puts the salmon into her cart. Before Mary is done shopping the woman comes over to her with three yellow roses and thanks her deeply for reminding her how precious time is. Mary is deeply moved and gets the message , "We're not alone." So I will miss Gary while he is gone, being grateful that he is only gone for two weeks. I know that I am not alone and I'll relish the precious time to do whatever I want to.

No comments: