Monday, January 7, 2008

Resting


Tonight I am tired. My knee-jerk response is to push harder to get everything done that I said I wanted to before I go to sleep. Instead I am going to stop the doing for tonight and focus on the being. Savasana is a yoga pose that was recommended to me this evening to support relaxation. Tonight before I go to sleep I will start a new resting ritual in savasana pose.

Savasana: Lie on the floor on your back with your legs straight or a rolled up blanket under your knees if you wish to better relax your lower back. If you are not on carpet lie on a blanket and wrap yourself in one if you are cold. Your arms are near your sides with the palms facing up. Allow yourself to surrender your body to the carpet. Give yourself a nurturing few minutes to bask in the luxury of silence.

No comments: