Friday, January 4, 2008

The Impossible Dream



I just finished watching the documentary, Laundry and Tosca.( www.spiritual cinema circle.com) It is about Marcia Whitehead, a secretary who heard a voice tell her she must be an opera singer. For twenty years she took lessons and practiced, investing most of her time money and energy. At one point she takes what she calls the biggest risk of her life and goes to New York for an audition. She moves to N.Y. to train with a dynamic teacher who sees working with her as a gift from God. She had the support of two loving friends who believed in her dream. Her voice was magnificent and filled with love.It was an inspiring and heart-opening film to watch.

I had a dream for twenty years. I wanted to teach yoga. In my twenties yoga had taught me how to quiet my mind and move from my mind into my body. Yoga was my passion and I practiced daily for twenty five years. I saw myself as too inflexible and too old to teach. When I was 56 with the support of my partner and close friends I began yoga teacher training at Whole Yoga School. I knew I would either be 57 and a yoga teacher or 57 and not a yoga teacher. I have been teaching yoga for a year, specializing in people who aren't pretzels. (I teach at Whole Yoga(www.wholeyoga.com) on Wednesdays from 10:30 to Noon. Come and join me in this life enhancing practice.) I followed my heart to my dream.


What is your dream? What is the next step toward making it happen?
What kind of support and encouragement do you need?

No comments: