Friday, August 1, 2008

Work

Work is love made visible.
Kahil Gibran
This is the peace quote I received today from livingcompassion.com.
It moved through my body and sent shivers up my spine. It puts into words why I am so passionate about my work. I have the honor of loving people while they grow. Sometimes I am in awe when people write me a check at the end of a session that I get paid to do this work.
Working together with people supports my growth and healing as much as it supports them. Sometimes I think I should be the one that's paying. On top of that, in order to be really good at what I do, I get to take workshops and learn new healing modalities, do my own personal and spiritual growth work, and take care of myself impeccably. This is amazing and I am truely blessed. My wish is for everyone who wants to to have work that feeds their soul. Because this is my third career and each thing I do builds on everything that came before, I love to help people have the courage to use what they are doing as a stepping stone to the next phase of their work. Teaching Yoga and Laughter Yoga have added balance and joy to my worklife. It is fun to help people look at augmenting their work with things they love.
I am creating my web site with a web developer and learning so much from the process about what I do and why I do it. Although it was very intimidating at first, expressing my work to others helps me to get clearer and clearer about what I actually have to offer. It's fun to create a beautiful simple website. It is a stretch for me to put myself out there in the world in that way. It brings up all of my stuff about worrying about doing it wrong. It's easy to get critical and obsessive. It's also an opportunity to be mindful and compassionate and create a good enough website. What could you do to stretch and put yourself out there in whatever arena you've been wanting to? What are your fears and doubts? What would be in it for you to move through them? What would be the next step?

No comments: