Thursday, August 7, 2008

business with intuition

Today I went to Cheesman Park to do a photo shoot for my website with the web developer who is also a journalist and a photographer. Creating my web site has been so much fun so far. I've wanted to have a web site for such a long time and haven't been willing to do the work of even finding someone to help me. I love doing business with people with whom I feel some like-mindedness.When I went to my favorite hot springs for my personal retreat last month I met Mike Blevins(www.passingimage.com)and got to know him.It was easy to start the process of developing a web site with a person I already felt comfortable with. Although I could say that I should have gotten this together sooner, the timing is actually perfect. It is good to trust that when the time is right the right person to help appears. I am creating a whole new concept about what I do. For a while now the name psychotherapist hasn't felt like a good fit. I am working with people who want to grow and doing more of what I would more accurately call counseling or mentoring. This web site will more clearly express my intention to suppport people in opening up to the fullest expression of all that they are in body mind life and spirit. Just writing that is very exciting to me. I am coming out in the fullest expression of all that I am in presenting myself and my work.
What a great opportunity to walk my talk.I look forward to listening to my intuition in choosing the people I do business with more and more.Would it be useful to you to look at who you are doing business with to see who you feel comfortable with and who you don't? Last year I hired a company to trim my trees when my neighbor had them doing an estimate.Even though it didn't feel quite right,it was convenient. I ended up regretting my decision.Although things worked out in the end I used much more time and energy than I wanted to. Funny though, Maybe it was just the right amount of time and energy to let me know that there are natural consequences when I ignore my intuition. I appreciate the opportunity to practice discernment, even though it is sometimes painful. Pain can be a wake-up call to change course. May it be easier and easier for all of us to recognize its message.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I do find comfort in my intuition. Even if it doesn't always spit out an answer that makes sense right away. Some things are so intricate, so elaborate, working themselves out over years, that you can't possibly understand them right there and then.