Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama

I watched the Democratic party convention last night.I loved that they had Michelle Obama's older brother introduce her. It was the first step in getting a picture of Michelle as a person.What better fan than her brother to tell of her accomplishments? Noone expects him to be objective so he can lavishly praise her as a sister and a woman to his heart's content. I enjoyed hearing that she encouraged him to leave his career and return to his passion of teaching and coaching.I was primed to open my heart to Michelle Obama. It was easy. I was very impressed with her speech and the confidence and power with which she delivered it. Her passion for helping people less fortunate than herself shone through her words. I liked her, I respected her, I admired her. She is such a strong person. As her brother Craig said,"I admire her not because of who she's married to but rather for the person she is in her own right."I agree. It is inspiring to me to see a woman who seems so wise and warm and pretty comfortable in her own skin aspiring to become the next first lady.
The relationship between Barack and Michelle seems loving and collaborative. I imagine her influence will be pervasive and sought after by her husband. I loved that the absent Barack and his daughters greeted each other from the stage. It was very cool that the girls had microphones. Although they were probably coached, what they shared was very sweet.A nice touch.After her speech,I felt so hopeful about our country.I really do think that Barack Obama is a different kind of politician. I believe that he genuinely wants to bring the change economically,educationally,ecologically that can make this country a better place to live for all of us. He seems committed to peace and to bringing people together to cooperate to move toward peace. I think he will end the war in Iraq quickly. I know he will have many challenges winning this campaign. I think it is possible. It's my intention to do what I can to make it happen. Where are you with the political process? Would you be willing to take a step forward from wherever you are to become more engaged?

No comments: