Wednesday, June 11, 2008

trip

This day started off in a way that really sucked. I was making veggie juice and I couldn't find the carrots I knew I had bought yesterday. After scrounging through the entire refridgerator several times it dawned on me that I might have left a grocery sack in the back of my car.Sure enough there it was- filled with salmon, humus and the carrots. Most of my protein for my upcoming camping trip had been stewing in the back of my car for 24 hours. I was surprised that even though I was irritated with myself for spacing out the sack, I wasn't mean. A year ago I would have carried that salmon on my back until it was quite smelly. I soon realized that because the salmon had been frozen it had probably kept the other stuff O.K. I cooked the thawed salmon and preceeded to get ready for my trip.By letting go and forgiving myself for my mistake the day got better from there. Sometimes it really is possible to let go of blaming ourselves and to preceed with what needs to be done. It let me know that things work out, although rarely ever as I plan.
I get to go to my favorite hot springs for four days.Monnya and I spent many a happy weekend there when she was growing up and I am safe and comfortable there. I am lucky to be able to take this trip.
It is an opportunity to commune with nature and to relax. Gary came up with the plan to combine his business with our trip and to give me a day to myself in my most sacred place.I appreciate his thoughtfulness. When I am in dire need of alone time it often isn't pretty. I can be irritable and critical. He will have a much improved vacation after I have time alone. He is a smart man.
I haven't been camping for a while and I am excited and a little apprehensive. The last two days at the hotsprings we are staying in a cabin. That is more of what I have been used to in the past ten years.Imagine me sleeping in a dry tent comfortably and peacefully lulled to sleep by a babbling brook. I am looking forward to hiking soaking eating meditating and doing yoga. I have been cooking lots of stuff so I won't have to prepare much when I get there. I can just chow down.I am always a little nervous when I am far away from a grocery store so I bring enough food for a small army.
Let's hope there is room in the car.I want to enjoy myself and to be accepting of myself and of Gary. I want to be able to roll with what happens and forgive myself for the way the trip doesn't fit my pictures. I would rather let go of my pictures and embrace my life as it is.
What is something you could let go of and forgive yourself for? Do you have any thawed out salmon you are still holding on to?
I will write when I return on Monday night. I will miss connecting with you. I am sending love and light to you through cyberspace. Andrea

No comments: