Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One the movie

I saw the movie, One www.onethemovie.com last night. A man who had never made a film before got this idea to make an independant film about oneness. He asked his best friend and his cousin to help him. They agreed, even though neither one of them had ever made a movie either, and the project began. Three years later it appeared for distribution on the spiritual cinema circle. (www.spiritualcinemacircle.com)
The movie was twenty question being posed to regular people and dozens of spiritual luminaries. All of these people granted interviews to these three guys who they had never heard of because they were making a movie about oneness. The energy of their commitment to their project carried them along. This movie is a visual and auditory statement of the interconnection of all of us. I highly recommend it. The question, What is the meaning of life? was the one I loved listening to the most. . A lot of people thought about it and said "I don't know." One person stared at the camera in silence. Another person started to laugh.
I was thinking when I first heard the question that my answer would have been,"To love and be loved in return. " As I watched more, my answer moved toward "I don't know "and then to ,"We are here to learn that we are all one and to heal the fear and separation that makes us believe otherwise. Then to open to the joy that brings and to celebrate." And really, it is a great mystery and who knows? I sure don't.
This movie opened my heart and made me think. I judge whether a movie is good by whether I am thinking about it in the morning. I think I will extend that judgement to whether I want to share it with you. I woke up thinking about One and I am sharing it with you. It was so inspiring to see this man bring this movie from an idea to its fruition. Is there an idea brewing inside of you clamoring for your attention? Could you give it some?

No comments: