Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ginger

Monday night I went to a deeksha oneness blessing. My friend Ginger (gingermitchell@comcast.net) who is a long time feldenkreis bodywork practitioner and more recently a psych-k practitioner experienced deeksha. It is an energy exchange where the oneness blessing is passed on to another person by placing the hands on the person's head. Ginger had such positive results that she felt moved to go to Fiji to Oneness University to learn to give the deeksha oneness blessing to others. She needed to raise $7.ooo. Ginger is a very giving person.When she asked her inner guidance how she could raise the money to do the training she was told to ask her friends to support her in going.That was a huge stretch for her because she would have to ask for help and receive.She pushed through her fears and in three weeks had the money she needed to go. All of the donations she receives from doing Deeksha oneness blessings will now go to a scholarship fund for other people who want to go to the training.
A small group gathered on Monday night at the Creative Living Center(www.thecreativelivingcenter.com). We sat in a circle and Ginger explained what would be happening. We would do a chant and then sit quietly as she moved around the circle laying her hands on each person's head and bringing the energy of the sense of oneness of the universe through her hands into the other person. I felt very peaceful afterward and my mind seemed clearer.It was exciting for me to do this with Ginger because in my own small way I supported her in going to the training. Ginger says she has found what she has come here to do and that everything she has done before(which she will still continue to do)has helped prepare her to come to this place. Everyone deserves to feel that way about their work. I do too. I am grateful for that.I think doing the oneness blessing has created more space in me to experience gratefulness for what is. In this moment what are you grateful for?

No comments: