Friday, February 27, 2009

Feedback

I want to thank you, dear readers, for your feedback. I always appreciate feedback whether it is a gentle reminder that I have my head up my ass or words of praise. It all feels like love to me. When I say that I appreciate being reminded when I have my head up my ass, that is my ego's critical language. What I mean is I appreciate being reminded when I am coming from my ego. The feedback I received from one of you concerned calling my foggy-minded state "getting stupid" in my last blog. She was triggered by the word stupid, finding it self-deprecating. She was right. I am now calling this state of mind "ungrounded". This comment very much contributed to me. Now I know when I am ungrounded I am not doing anything wrong and there is nothing wrong with my brain. I am ungrounded and I need to use my breath and focusing on my hands and feet to ground myself or do whole brain posture or practice my grounding chord exercise or eat protein or rest or walk or sing. Criticizing myself and being angry with myself for being urgent or anxious, makes the fogginess worse. I can simply use being ungrounded as a message that I need to ground and come back into my body. The reader also suggested that I had written about my fear that there was something wrong with my brain before. She knows that my Mom has alzheimer's and wondered if I was afraid I had it. She spoke of her experience of relief when she asked her physical therapist if the pain in her wrists and shoulders was arthritis and was told it wasn't. This allayed her fear of having her mother's arthritis. Anything we can do to let ourselves know that our fears are not real is so useful. Remember that FEAR stands for False something Appearing Real. I can't remember what the E stands for. There is nothing wrong with my mind, I just can't remember what the E stands for. It's lovely how everything fits together. Forgetting what the E stands for gave me an opportunity to practice being kind to myself for forgetting. Does anyone know what the E stands for in FEAR? All I can think of is energy and I don't think that is right.
This question about my fear of alzheimer's prompted me to spend two hours yesterday using my PSYCH-K trade with my skilled PSYCH-K partner working on being ungrounded and my anxiety about my mother's alzheimer's. I love PSYCH-K. In the healing process we balanced for many beliefs including: It's OK for me not know everything
I am a unique person totally separate from my mother
I forgive myself for the love and affection I withhold in anger from myself and others
I forgive my mother for having alzheimers
I eat all meals and foods in a conscious, mindful manner.
It was very powerful. Afterwards I mindfully ate my meal without any distractions. I really enjoyed tasting the food and using the time to relax. Today I feel clear and powerful and ready to bring compassion to myself and to others. Such a deal.
Is there some feedback you are wanting to give but are holding back? Is there some feedback you'd like to ask for and are holding back? See if it would be useful to risk. The possibilities for feedback making a contribution are vast.

No comments: