Monday, February 2, 2009

Following through

Another reason I love writing this blog is because it encourages me to walk my talk. When I write about something and suggest you look at it, I do too. I have been much more aware of creating quality alone time since I wrote about it. I have been spending less time on e-bay and have been eating without reading more. I have even let myself lie on my living room floor a few times. It feels good to give myself credit for doing what I said I wanted to do.Is there something you said you wanted to do that you are now doing? Would you be willing to pause now and appreciate yourself for following through? It feels so good to say "Good job" to ourselves.Today I was really blessed with a gift because I paused and didn't make myself go for a walk when I didn't want to even though I thought I should. At 3:30 I finished working with a lovely couple. I thought my next client was at 5. Instead of making myself go for a walk in addition to leading Laughter Yoga I decided to give myself a break. When the doorbell rang at 4:00 I realized the appointment was at four. I had it written down for 4 but somehow got it in my head that it was at five. If I had made myself go for a walk I would've been gone when he got here. I was very grateful that I got to see such a tangible benefit of pausing and checking in with myself instead of knee-jerking to a should. Even the things we do to nurture ourselves can become tyrannical. Bringing mindfullness into my alone time has been really helpful.What have you noticed about your alone time?


No comments: