Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deeksha

In the midst of discovering childhood sexual abuse, I have been training as a Deeksha Oneness Blessing Giver. In fact, the memory of the abuse surfaced the day after a powerful chakra clearing process that was part of my Deeksha training. Deeksha is a blessing that is given by placing my hands on another person's head and allowing the energy of divine oneness to flow through me.
I first heard about Deeksha from my friend Ginger who was passionate about it. Although I respect her I wondered if she had gone off the deep end. I first experienced receiving a deeksha blessing when Gary and I went to a restorative yoga class three years ago on my birthday. The teacher was also a blessing giver and went around the class putting his hands on our heads while we were in restorative yoga poses. I though it was interesting and wierd and didn't feel much. A friend and I attended a deeksha gathering where there were eight deeksha blessing givers at meditate '08 which was a week long program with all different kinds of meditations across the water from the democratic convention. That experience left me feeling peaceful and curious. When Ginger decided to become a blessing giver the training was in Fiji at Oneness University and lasted three weeks. She raised the thousands of dollars needed for the trip and training by asking for support from her friends. It was a major stretch for her because Ginger is great at giving and challenged by receiving. Listening to Ginger's enthusiasm grew my curiosity. I started going sporadically to Ginger's weekly deeksha group and I experienced my mind calming for the rest of the day. I have a very noisy mind and this quieting experience was of great value to me.
There is a vision of training as many blessing givers as possible before 2012 because it is believed that there is a portal or opportunity to shift the energy of the planet toward the awareness of onesness at that time. It feels a little wierd to be writing this and I have come to believe that focusing on the oneness that we all share has brought great healing to me. Deeksha is changing all the time. One of the changes was that it became possible to become a blessing giver in Colorado with one of the trainers from Fiji in a weekend. When I learned that, I decided I would go through the training for my own personal growth, even though I doubted I would ever be a blessing giver. The weekends when the trainings were offered kept not working for me and I began to doubt that it would ever work. Somewhere in the back of my mind I held a strong desire to make it happen. Then Ginger got invited to go to India where the oneness movement was now centered to become a trainer. I knew I wanted to be part of the first training she did. When the training was scheduled I had a plane ticket to visit my Mom. I was so disappointed. The person I do bodywork with took the training and she began to do deeksha oneness blessings with me after our bodywork sessions. The combination of deeksha and aston-patterning seemed to move my body more quickly into attunement. I started to realize I really wanted to give blessings to the people in my life that I care about. Then Ginger created a course that met one evening a week for eight weeks. It was perfect for me. It gave me time to integrate the vast amount of information offered and a small group of fellow students with whom I felt comfortable. I saw that even if I didn't think I knew what I was doing or trusted that I could do it right, the eneregy of oneness would flow through my hands anyway. I like to be in control. It has been freeing for me to give these blessings and know I'm not in control of the process. Now my experience of giving blessings is more powerful than receiving them. When I give a blessing I experience what I call the "thank you God feeling". It is a rippling through my body of a wave a gratitude and an appreciation of the beauty of the person receiving the blessing. I am blessed by the blessing. Have you ever experienced a deeksha oneness blessing? Are you curious? Call me or go to www.coloradooneness.com for a listing of many opportunities. Most are on a donation basis. I am so glad I listened to that persistent inner voice drawing me toward my inner desire. Deeksha has been such a powerful experience that giving is receiving. What is your inner voice telling you in this moment about something you might take a risk and do in the midst of fears and doubts? Would you be willing to take a moment to be still and listen?

No comments: