Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Andie writing

I wrote to my inner eight year old in my journal tonight. I am reading The Courage to Heal; A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. The book is a timeless healing workbook even though it was written in 1988. In the chapter about the inner child they suggest contacting the child within through writing. I wrote to her and asked what she would like to do together to help her get that I am there for her. She said she wanted to paint in pretty colors on big paper. Tomorrow we will go to Hobby Lobby and get art supplies. It will be fun to paint together. She also said she would like to write. I began writing in a diary when I was eight years old. I didn't write about the abuse that happened to me because I didn't remember it until recently.
We are doing an experiment. She is now going to write on this blog.
Hi, My name is Andie. I am eight years old. I love to sing really loud and dance around my back yard. I don't do it very much because it makes my Mom mad. She says I can't sing. I like the way I sing. I like to eat cookies. When my Mom is upstairs I climb up on the counter where the cookie jar is and eat as many as I can as fast as I can until I hear my Mom coming down the stairs. Then I jump down really fast. I go out and play with the other kids. We play on our jungle gym in the backyard. It is a spaceship and all of us in the neighborhood fly off into space. Mark is bossy. I want to drive the spaceship.When my Dad comes home from work I am really glad. I want to tell him about school. My Mom says," Don't bother your father. He is tired." I want to talk to my father. He is reading the newspaper. He starts to listen to me and puts down the newspaper. I'm talking about what happened at school today. I got picked last for kickball. I got all the words right on my spelling test. I walked home with my friend Eileen. We petted Pammy , the dog.
Dad's newspaper creeps back up in front of his face. Why isn't he listening to me? I love to read. I love to read Honey Bunch books. I love to read Nancy Drew books. I am really smart. Everyone says so. I love to read with my legs up on the chair in the hall . When everyone is sleeping I read my book with the nightlight. I read for a long time. Sometimes my mom lets me stay home from school because I am tired from staying up reading. I get to read a lot more and eat grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. I love grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. I like my room. It is pink. I like to sit at my desk and play school. I am the teacher. I take attendance and give the children work to do and stories to read.
When I am at school some of the kids talk back to the teacher. I want to read my book. It is in my desk and I read it when I finish my work. I like walking home from school. There are lots of big steps we walk down. I love to write. This has been very fun. Bye.
Thanks for listening and supporting my healing process. Would your little child inside like to write? Would you be willing to let that happen?

No comments: