Saturday, October 12, 2019

Invitation

I haven’t written a blog in a long time. I have been writing poetry again and would like to share a poem. I bow to Oriah Mountain Dreamer whose poem The Invitation has long been my inspiration.


Invitation

Knowing you is inspiring me to buy skirts,
embracing my juicy female spirit.
Being real with you is inspiring me to write poetry
and to speak truth from my heart,
as medicine in support of awakening.
Stretching toward you and setting boundaries
is inspiring me to pay deep attention to myself,
caring for myself and listening to my own needs
as if my life depended upon it,
which, of course, it does.
The past beckons me to abandon myself,
 play small and people please.
Instead I choose now.
Shaking with terror and excitement,
I sing in my full voice, dance in the moonlight,
howl at the moon, and invite you to join me.

                            Andrea Silver
                           August 3, 2019

No comments: