Monday, February 9, 2009

Intention

As I said, I committed to publishing my book in 2009 in a PSYCH-K support group last week. Since then I have read the entire book and have an appointment with a potential editor person tomorrow afternoon. I want to run the title by you to see what you think. When I was woken up in the middle of the night many years ago and told to write this book I was given the title Eating My Way to God. I created the subtitle: a food addict's journey to freedom. It is about my spiritual journey that evolved as a result of confronting my compulsive eating patterns. If anyone out there has any thoughts about whether that title or Eating My Way to Freedom: A food addict's spiritual journey sounds better I would appreciate hearing about it. also if you have any other ideas for a title please share them with me. It is exciting about the power of intention. Creating and committing to an intention seems to move the power of the universe behind it. This book being published seems more real to me each day. I am finally ready to do my part. Writing it was not that hard. I love to write and I learned so much from writing it. The hardest part was pushing through my fears and doubts about whether i had something worthwhile to contribute. The step of putting it out there into the world in a bigger way has been much more difficult. Printing off copies, having them bound and selling them has been a good step. I have sold about thirty books. People have benefitted from reading it. Now it is time to do what I said I would do which is put it out there in the world so more people who have issues with food can use it to alleviate suffering. It is scary to trust that my book is good enough to be published. I am trusting that if it is it will be. I think I need more than that. I have the intention of doing whatever my part is to publish my book and then to let go of the outcome. Trust in God, do my part and then let go. I ask for help from the universe in realizing and manifesting my intention. The first step is to believe that it could actually be true. I will use PSYCH-K to explore my beliefs around that. I am curious about what my resistence (fear) is.
Do you have an intention you would like to put out into the universe? Could you write it down and begin to see what it feels like to grow it?
I will be out of town next week so I probably won't be writing after this Wednesday the 11th until the following Friday the 20th.

No comments: