Friday, February 8, 2008

Internal Validation

I am enjoying the four day advanced training of PSHCH-K. PSYCH-K is a process that helps you Free The Mind from the prison of limiting beliefs. We are learning various processes called balances to clear the way for life-enhancing beliefs.One of the balances I learned yesterday helped me to be able to stay centered in the face of indifference or inattention from another person. In the past I have taken it personally when someone I am close to seems to be ignoring me or not giving me the attention I deserve. When I give myself my full attention I am able to use my whole brain to respond to the situation without withering and thinking I am deficient or dissolving into anger and reacting. When I am present with myself I can clearly see many options are available to me. Do I want to cut them some slack for the moment and realize they might be distracted by something that has nothing to do with me? Do I want to go do something else? Do I want to talk to the other person about how I feel? Do I want to be alone and nurture myself or talk to a friend? This process is helping me to look for validation internally instead of externally. I am feeling less anxious when I sense disapproval or judgement. In the past it has been easy for me to pretzel myself into whatever I think the other person wants me to be. What if I can be myself and let other people be who they are? What if I could be present without being defensive when other people disagree with me? What if we could know in the face of criticism that we are still good people deserving of our own love? We are, you know.

No comments: